* An HPSS instance is a single HPSS deployment with one System Manager component deployed such that all HPSS components except clients are deployed at one physical customer location. An instance may include any number of servers running HPSS servers, movers, and other components.
HPSS Services from IBM
The High Performance Storage System is a Services Offering from IBM Global Services – Federal (Houston, Texas). A Statement of Work and License Agreement define the HPSS services and software provided by IBM.
Standard services offering for a single HPSS instance* for new customers in the first year.The operating system platforms, tape, and library devices that are supported in the standard offering are found on the HPSS Big Picture
During the first year for new customers, IBM provides the following services:
- Planning, system engineering, and requirements analysis,
- Assistance with installation of prerequisite
- Installation of HPSS software,
- Configuration and tuning of HPSS,
- Perform pre-production testing of the HPSS
- Review of the HPSS readiness prior to putting it into production,
- Ongoing technical support of HPSS.
An overview of these services is provided in the
HPSS Support Services from IBM.
Standard services offering for a single HPSS instance* for existing customers (second and subsequent years)
During the second and subsequent years for existing
customers, IBM provides the following services:
- Assistance with problem resolution,
- Planning for HPSS updates and upgrades,
- Assistance with changing the HPSS configuration (new devices, classes of service, storage classes, movers, etc.),
- Assistance with HPSS software updates
Extensions to the standard offering.
Currently available extensions to the standard offering include:
- High Availability HPSS
- Remote Movers
Special arrangements can be made to obtain services that are not currently part of the Standard or Extended Services Offering. IBM can supply the following services as
part of a special bid arrangement. Examples of non-standard services:
- 24X7 support for problem resolution.
- Additional production instances of HPSS for a
- Extended onsite support of HPSS.
- Support for hardware, platforms and operating systems not listed, in the tabs, on the “HPSS Big Picture” page.